Monday, 3 February 2014

Artists block

This year I seem to be finding it hard to come out of hibernation....I'm getting on with painting jobs but I've really wanted to paint some pictures, just not sure what subject!....so I've decided to use the bits of spare time to have a clear out. Today the scrap man came to pick up my Diahatsu.
 I've been trying to sell it to someone for spares for months and months, but not a soul was interested, so it had to go. I'm sure everyone will be pleased to see that my car has gone but it's already been replaced by someone elses!

While waiting for the Scrapman I had a chilly walk taking a few photos of the surroundings of my workshop....all looking rather tired but the snowdrops are popping through and as soon as spring arrives everywhere will look beautiful again...and I'll be feeling inspired again!
Rob Langley was busy making some great rustic furniture in his workshop....lots of creativity...and a lovely woodburning stove!

I found the following quote on the internet...made me feel better, I'm obviously on the right track...
 "One reason that people have artist’s block is that they do not respect the law of dormancy in nature. Trees don’t produce fruit all year long, constantly. They have a point where they go dormant. And when you are in a dormant period creatively, if you can arrange your life to do the technical tasks that don’t take creativity, you are essentially preparing for the spring when it will all blossom again."
- Marshall Vandruff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Blog Top Sites