Monday, 28 May 2012

Sculpture in Winchcombe

Bird bath by Peter Garrard

Yesterday afternoon I went to the preview of a Sculpture Exhibition at Charringworth Court in Winchcombe, hosted by Richard and Susan Wakeford and curated by Jane from http://www.windsofchangegallery.co.uk/

A proud man and his leeks by Keith Jameson.
It was a glorious summer evening with lots of guests and the artists....I had a great time....the evening seemed to go past so quickly so I didn't manage to chat quite as much as I'd like too ! The great thing about seeing sculpture in a garden is that if you don't have a great imagination it helps you to see how art would look in your own home...quite different to seeing it in a gallery space.

This week is the start of Winchcombes Festival of Music and Art....and its shaping up to be a very enjoyable week. Once again I haven't managed to have any of my art on display or have an open studio. Each year I think that I will but when the time comes I seem to be busy. At the moment I am working on the restoration of a beautiful 1938 Lakin Waltzer.

If ..no WHEN my workshop/garage is up and running I WILL  join the Art trail...fingers crossed !

Jane also has smaller sculpture and Art for sale in her gallery just up the road from Charringworth Court.

Natasha Housego
Susan and Richard haven't  held a Sculpture Exhibition before but I think that they have been great to open their garden to such a lovely exhibition. They must have been working very hard because their garden looks gorgeous. Susan also has her beautiful quilts on display as well as bags, cushions, toys and fabric pears for sale in her conservatory.

If you are nearby Winchcombe this week then do pop in and have a walk around the Art Trail...you are sure to enjoy yourself....and be inspired !

PS I'll add all the artists names soon !
The following links to a slideshow video

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Blog Top Sites