Thursday, 18 August 2011

Marvelous mechanical clocks





Today I had a great day walking around The National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh. In the discovery section is an amazing ten metre high clock tower. It shows the best and worst of the twentieth century, rather more of the worst but quite amazing. It has four sections, The Crypt, The Nave, The Belfry and The Spire. The Crypt shows an ancient spirit and an Egyptian monkey. The nave has the figures of Lenin, Hitler and Stalin. The belfry has Twelve figures each showing the months of the year but also showing the hardship and human tragedy. The Spire has a female figure holding a dead man in her arms. It is the Pieta  from the Italian for compassion and pity.
  It was made by the Millennium Clock makers Trust.
Annica Sandstrom- Glass Artist
Tim Stead- Furniture maker
Eduard Bersudsky-Kinetic carved figures www.sharmanka.co.uk
Jurgen Tubbecke-Clock maker
Maggy Lenert- Ilustrator
Tatyana Jakovskaya- Artistic direction and the Coordinator of the Project.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Friends, This day am very lucky. I saw good post in your blog. I pass this news to my friend and share to my FB. My work is Scaffolding in Chennai and Aluminium Scaffodling In Chennai . Please Post different news for catch the all people. bye and all the best for your future project. bye. BY Regards scaffolding tower in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!


    Bricks Manufacturer in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice way to decorate your walls. I have never done that. My effort to beautify the walls in my house was to order big-sized canvas prints from wahooart.com, from images of western art. I use the same angel motifs in all of the rooms painted by different painters, such as this one by very interesting English artist Stanley Spencer, http://EN.WahooArt.com/A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-8LT7K6.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

Blog Top Sites