Wednesday, 23 March 2011

Upstairs Downstairs


I've just spent the last couple of days finishing the Brock exhibition at Sudeley and painting a couple of murals. I have done then in quite a loose style, mainly due to time restraints! Yesterday Lady Ashcombe told me that there would be a sound tape linked with the set....the sounds included a maid mixing ,Mrs Bridges shouting orders and a butler taking a tray of tea things upstairs. Luckily for me I had already painted a maid with a mixing bowl and a butler going upstairs. I only had to add Mrs Bridges and a dog running out of the kitchen. For good measure I also painted a cat knocking a plate off the table and a mouse hiding. I haven't quite got the perspective right and I will probably alter the stairs but at least it gives the jist of the idea... It was fun painting something different ...back to some clock dials that are in need of restoration now !

1 comment:

  1. Murals looking great Katie and thank you for sneaky preview. Still spooked by our spooky experience on the stairs at the castle :(

    ReplyDelete

Translate

Blog Top Sites