Sunday, 27 March 2011

Gypsy Baskets


Today I dropped by to have a cuppa with Rob...on his porch was a couple of lovely stick baskets that he had made. They look beautiful with a pot of primroses in them. Rob makes and sells them from his workshop, The Old Sawmill, Stanway Estate Yard, Stanway Glos. They are £15 each and will last years if treated during the winter if used outside but longer if kept inside. He makes furniture and decorative items with locally found wood, in fact mainly between his home and workshop which is only a couple of miles so very sound on the old Eco front. His telephone number is..07854199914....Rob doesn't have a website yet but I'm pushing him to have one !
The illustration is one of a set that I have been doing recently..I'm aiming to produce a small book of Gypsy life so fingers crossed it will be out before too long. Apparently the raditional baskets are made from 20 sticks so my illustration isn't as accurate as perhaps it should be..oops
I've opened a shop on Etsy selling postcards of gypsy scenes...more to come www.etsy.com/shop/KushtiBok?ref=si_shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Blog Top Sites