Monday, 21 March 2011

Cotswold Life

Last week a friend said " You've got a mention in The Cotswold Life Magazine"..so I popped out and bought a copy. To be honest it's not a magazine I buy normally..I'm more of The World of Interiors and Country Living and The odd gardening Magazine. The article was written by Lady Ashcombe and is promoting Sudeley Castles latest exhibition all about Badgers...well one particular Badger called Brock. He was a member of Lady Ashcombes family in the late 1960's. Her husband Mark Dent Brocklehurst brought one back to their Kensington home as a youngster. In the article Lady Ashcombe says 'The exhibition is the story I wrote of Brock's life which has humorously illustrated by local artist Katie Morgan and accompanies the portraits, photographs and other badger mementos which were amassed by his doting owner Mark.' Which is very nice..for me...unfortunately for me the article doesn't show one of my pictures and it also doesn't have a link to The Castle Website but not to worry.   As well as the illustrations I've also painted a life size cutout of a badger in a bath and today I've been gluing up an old papier mache' badgers backside! Which reminds me if you like local farmhouse cider try Hailes Fruit Farms 'Badgers bottom'.
The Castle opens this weekend, please have a look at their website for more information. www.sudeleycastle.co.uk             www.cotswold.greatbritishlife.co.uk   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Blog Top Sites