Sunday, 30 January 2011

Views


Hello, I've had a few friends asking me what I think of 'My big fat gypsy wedding' well apart from not liking the title, it's not really for me to judge, but of course this is the sort of programme that lots of people will watch and discuss. I think that producers focus on certain parts to make 'good telly' without giving the full story. Of course the full story wouldn't be of interest to a lot of viewers, but I am more interested in what they don't say as opposed to what they do say. Every family everywhere is different and they all have a story to tell. Personally I don't like seeing little girls dressing and dancing the way they do on the programme, but it isn't just traveller girls, its everywhere. I think it's up to each individual to take responsibility for their own actions and perhaps we should celebrate our differences...but theres a little bit in all of us that likes being a fly on the wall . Anyway I'm getting off my little soap box .

I've a busy week ahead of me, finishing clock dials and painting boards with samples of woodgraining and stoneblocking. I'm also finishing the roughs of a set of cartoons for a new exhibition at Sudeley Castle. Years ago Lady Ashcombe and her family owned an orphaned badger. They looked after it at their home in Kensington and at the castle before Brock disappeared back into the wild. The cartoons follow Brocks Story.

Now that I have Broadband I'm enjoying being able to easily upload new blogs etc. Although I don't have huge quantities of readers I am finding it amazing to be able to view statistics. There have been people from Russia, Alaska, Norway, Slovenia as well as GB ,America and New Zealand. If anyone would like to I'd love anyone to contact me. If you don't want your comments to be shown to everyone then that is fine, just say and I won't press the publish button.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Blog Top Sites