Saturday, 4 December 2010

School Xmas Play




Hello, All the gilded furniture has gone, hooray ! I have some space back. I've completed painting a beautiful Barrel Organ. I won't put any pictures of it up yet because it's owner hasn't seen it yet and I don't want to spoil the surprise.
The biggest rush job, well voluntary has been painting the scenery for the local junior school Xmas Play. I really love painting it and this year is my fourth year. To use a two inch brush and get the paint quickly onto the sheets, add the shading to give dimension and add finishing touches is very enjoyable. ...and to see the children's faces is great. I'll post the finished designs soon.
This coming weekend is Winchcombe Art and Antiques Weekend...The 11th and 12th of December. 11 to 4pm on the Sunday. Winchcombe has some unique shops, good hostelry's and tea shops as well as beautiful walks,, so why not pop over and make a day of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Blog Top Sites