Friday, 24 September 2010

Back to Goodwood


Hello, I've had a few friends asking me why wasn't I wearing flowing dresses and headscarves...well I thought I'd be a bit different but still traditional. As you can see from the old photo, taken from

'The gypsies, Wagon time and after by Denis Harvey'...who I was lucky enough to meet. On special occasions some Gypsy ladies would wear a beaver hat with ostrich feathers. My hat started as a blue and white creation from the local Sue Ryder. I sprayed it with car paint, wrapped a scarf around it and popped in some black and burgundy ostrich feathers ! If we get asked next year I will be much more organised and have even more fun dressing up, but I would like a bit of time as a land army girl or wear a flash 1950's suit.... anything goes.The childhood act of dressing up is as much fun now as it was all those years ago. Parked next to our wagons was a lovely and very tidy Shepherds hut, owned by Paul who restores them . His company has a website worth visiting www.roundhillshepherdhuts.co.uk, Cottage books have their latest Autumn Catalogue out, which features one of my prints on the front. The catalogue is full of rare books, postcards and pictures under the collective title of 'Romani Gypsies and other travellers. There isn't a website but there address is Cottage Books, The Cottage, Rempstone Road, Gelsmoor, Coleorton, Leicestershire, LE678HR...Please mention that you got their address from me. Today I spent the day in Jane's Gallery, The Winds of Change, in Winchcombe. A really sociable gallery with changing exhibitions. I had taken in some dials to restore, but spent more time chatting to visitors.I was going to write more about Goodwood, perhaps I will have a chance to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Blog Top Sites